Hey everyone! Welcome to the place where I talk about how I review books, expectations and all those other shenanigans! I am currently NOT accepting any review requests due to the fact that I need to catch up on many reviews but for future purposes and so you can know more of what to expect from me, I am going to share my review policy with you awesome folks!💜 If we have worked together before, don’t hesitate to contact me!😀 With friends in the book community, authors and publishers, I will open up my schedule for the best way to satisfy us both with your new book, promotion or whatever you need. 💙Thank you so much for visiting my website and taking an interest in Touch My Spine Book Reviews!💙
When receiving a request for a book review:
When receiving a request for a title as a book reviewer/blogger I will make a decision if the book will be enjoyable to me so I don’t waste your time as well. To be honest I LOVE all kinds of books! I was going too put a list of different genres I enjoy but realized that would take forever and nobody has time for that.😄
Formats of the book that I accept for review:
- Print ARCs and copies of the book
- EGalley and e-ARCs of the book. I prefer the book to be in Mobi format but accept other formats as well and have Aikido on my Kindle Fire so I can read any of the formats for e-books.
Please be respectful on my website and when dealing with requests and/or follow up. I expect to get respect because I will always be kind and respectful unless disrespected first. Hakuna Mattata, my friends!💜
Sometimes Life Happens, so I am not able to give a time frame for how long it will take for me to review. I went through a really hard time because of unexpected circumstances and lost electricity so I have to catch up on my review requests. I am so sorry for this inconvenience and know I use to have my reviews on a timely schedule but I guess the best way to put it is that “life and shit happened!” Things will get better and I assure you that you will have my respectful and honest review as soon as possible.
I do not review a book that is requested add a strictly positive review. I want Touch My Spine Book Reviews to always be an honest and open environment.
I do not publicly insult an author and/or a publishing company just because I didn’t like a book. I like to keep my posts and reviews always respectful. Even my once in a blue moon two or one star review books, I always try to find something kind to say about the book and be respectful about my difference of opinion.💙
Books That Trigger Me Or I May Not Like:
- I am not a fan of novels or self help books that are too preachy or has hell fire and brimstone.😵 I am an open minded Christian that loves everyone and I do NOT like books that make you feel like if you don’t act a certain way you will burn in Hell forever. Unfortunately, I got sucked into a cult before and have seen the damage it does so that’s why this is a trigger for me. Respectful and non-judgemental books about Christianity are great and I Ann supportive b of though.
- Books that have severe sexual assault scenes especially of a child. I am okay with the author discussing the incident as a part tense or just knowing it happened but it is a huge trigger for child assault to occur in fiction due to my history of abuse.
- Books that have the death of an animal especially playing it out and describing the murder of one. I am an Empath and love animals so it’s just a trigger for me.
- Racism and Discrimination. Please do NOT send me a review request of the book you are inquiring about is pro-discrimination. It will be a waste of both of our time and I will post about any pro-hate.
Thank you so much for your interest in Touch My Spine Book Reviews!💜 I guarantee that this will be a blog that I will always do my best so that you will always receive a respectful and relaxed/chilled environment. If you want a promotion of sorts or what not feel free to e-mail or text me about anything and I can let you know if and when I am available. I hope you all have a great day and know that you are freaking awesome. Love your faces! Over and Out.💙